Last Updated: June 15, 2018
Information We Collect About You
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide directly to us including when you visit one of our websites, register for and/or use one of the Survae Services.
- For example, we collect information when you register with survae.com for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the Survae Services (including, but not limited to, when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of the Survae Services, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, your picture, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your survae.com profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender). We also store the files or other information that you upload or provide to the Survae Services (“Content”) in order to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of the Survae Service.
- Information from third parties such as name, email address, etc. may be provided in order to enable the functionality and features of the Survae Service. For example, if you invite a user to survae.com, we will collect their email address in order to provide them with an invite to survae.com in order to collaborate on the Content you designated.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Survae Services. When you access or use the Survae Services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the Survae Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, the sizes and names of the files or folders you upload, download, share or access while using the Survae Services, the Content you access and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the Survae Services.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the Survae Services including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the Survae Services.
- Device Information: If you access the Survae Services from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve the Survae Services and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the Survae Services without re-entering your user name and/or password, understand which areas and features of the Survae Services are most popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images (also called “gifs”) that may be used in the Survae Services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices About Information” below.
- Third Party Clear Gifs: Survae and its third-party partners may employ clear gifs, also known as Web Beacons or Web Bugs, images, and scripts that help to better manage content on our website. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or Users’ personal information.
- Local Shared Objects (“LSO”): We use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information in order to provide certain features on our website. Third parties with whom we partner may also use LSOs in order to provide certain features on our website or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity. Various browsers may offer their own management.
How We Use the Information We Collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Survae Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services that you have requested; process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Enable you to access and use the Survae Services, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products, services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about services that may be of interest to you, either from us or other third parties;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Survae Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Survae Services, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Survae Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Survae Services;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- Manage our business and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on survae.com or through other Survae Services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
How We Share Your Information with Others
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized third-party service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, providing UAV flights and videography, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, surveys and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Pro, Organization and Enterprise Accounts: If you are an individual registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a Pro, Organization or Enterprise account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
- Collaboration: We may share your information, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the Survae Services that by their nature support sharing with third parties whom you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the Survae Services.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
How to Access and Control Your Personal Data: Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail to Survae, Inc. 2647 Gateway Road, Suite 105-495, Carlsbad, CA 92009 USA, Attention: Privacy. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
If you have an account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a promotion or survey; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- When you register on our website you may be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages and/or newsletters about product updates, improvements, or special offers. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by opting out of receiving such messages using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email you do not wish to receive. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a credit card processing partner or one of our application providers) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
While no service is completely secure, Survae takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. For example, sensitive information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on the Survae Services is protected with encryption.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in Content you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of your email address and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Survae is committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Survae Services are not designed for or directed to children under the age of 16. We do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is under the age of 16.
Visiting Our Websites from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
2647 Gateway Road, Suite 105-495
Carlsbad, CA 92009
© 2018 Survae, Inc. All rights reserved.